8 January 2018

The backdrop to my life


The Blue Mountains has always been home, despite leaving it for 15 years to see if something better was out there. Turns out there wasn't. I was born at the bottom of the mountains and now my little family has settled here. Nesting right at the very top.

Recently a friend came to visit and he has lit a fire in me to explore again. I met him when I began to truly wander the world and his enthusiasm for life was infectious. 8 years on and I have caught the bug from him again. He has left a real desire in me to explore, but this time, my own environment.
There are so many beautiful places to see and and places to discover. In the first 7 days of 2018 I think I have discovered more of my local area than I had in all of 2017! My calf muscles are hurting from walking but I can feel my heart starting to fill with the joy of adventuring I let fall to the wayside.

As you can no doubt tell, I am an occasional blogger. But I am also a reluctant exerciser. As I have recently said goodbye to my 30s, I feel I need to make a more concerted effort to leading a healthier lifestyle as youth is certainly not on my side anymore! So in order to get myself back into feeling healthier, I thought I'd blog about some of the local walks and highlight some of the beauty of where I live.

If you find yourself in these beautiful Blue Mountains, perhaps I can inspire you to visit these places too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

we'd love to hear your thoughts!