6 July 2015

A New Community

Yesterday was my first appearance at Blackheath Community Markets, a local sustainable living market celebrating handmade, pre-loved and homegrown goods. I was so excited to be a part of a market that I will be able to attend once a month and I was hoping my little stall with its various re-purposed children's book products would be met with interest. And I was not disappointed!

I came close to selling through my small framed prints and my chalkboards have been reduced to a much much smaller pile! I sold a few butterflies and also some bunting! I have a lot of work to do now to get my stock levels up for next months market.

 


  I had a great position next to the door into the hall and the atmosphere was wonderful! The sounds of live music playing and the smell of a sausage sizzle and other edible delights wafting through the air, warm sun taking the edge off the chilliness of winter and the satisfaction of having people really like what I am creating made for such a great time!

When the boys found me at the end of the day I was tired but happy. We popped into the local for a bite to eat as a celebration of the success of 'Harry's Suitcase'. The lady behind the bar commented on what a busy day it had been in there for her and our conversation took us to discussing the markets. I let her know what it was I made. She asked, if it was not too much trouble, to see my chalkboards so I popped out to the car to get the last of my stock to show her.. and she bought one! An unexpected sale at the end of an already wonderful day!

To any customer who may be reading this blog..
Thank you so much, you have really encouraged me. I hope whoever ended up with something that has come out of Harry's Suitcase yesterday, absolutely loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

we'd love to hear your thoughts!